posted Aug 21, 2011, 9:35 AM by David Khorram
updated Aug 21, 2011, 9:47 AM by Rafael Hernandez
Here are some simple tips on how to find a catchy domain name for your website:
- Shorter is Better -- The most memorable and effective domains tend to be shorter than longer. A shorter domain has fewer possible spellings or interpretations and is easier to memorize. For example, instead of "affordablewebhostingprovider", we decided to go with "webs."
- Keywords - Find the strongest key words or phrases and build it in to the domain name
- Satellite domain - Satellite domain are easier to SEO and has grate local effect . For example http://www.fiberopticirvine.com
- Easy Spelling -- Choose a simple site address that does not have a lot of spelling variations. Domain names are often passed around by customers in verbal conversation. Use only a few words to ensure the correct information is passed around. Also remember that you can only use letters, numbers or a hyphen. No special characters, like &, # or $, are allowed in a domain name.
- Descriptive of the Company -- Website addresses should not be a random name you pull out of a hat. Your domain name should clearly express what your company is about and should reflect what you do. Instead of simply looking for something catchy, strive to pick a domain that fits into and complements your overall branding.www.seowebpower.com